Lowrance HDS-12 Live 12in Touch Combo Unit
The latest and greatest from Lowrance! Introducing to you the all new Lowrance HDS LIVE 12! This has the most advanced sonar technology with dual channel 1kw chirp capability, quad core processors, ultra bright SolarMAX HD Screen, Built in Structure Scan HD, Video input and output, WIFI, Bluetooth and smartphone Integration .
Unlike other Lowrance HDS models and fish finders on the market, The Lowrance HDS Live comes with Australia and New Zealand Wide Built in C-map charting, giving you the best charting possible built into the unit with no extras to pay! Marry this up with the all new 3-in-1 Active imaging transducer and you’ll be set and ready to go fishing!
Some new cool features which are included in the new Lowrance HDS Live are;
- NEW Active Imaging™
- StructureScan® 3D
- Active Imaging with FishReveal™
- LiveSight™ real-time sonar
- C-MAP® Enhanced mapping with 1-foot contours
- C-MAP® Easy Routing
- Navionics® Autorouting and C-MAP Genesis Live mapping
- Onscreen text messages and call notifications
- LiveCast™ smartphone connection, which allows you to display video, Google Maps and fishing data on your fishfinder display
- Active Imaging 3-in-1 Transducer required (not included)
- NEW! Active Imaging™ 3-in-1 (CHIRP/SideScan/DownScan)
- Active Imaging 2-in-1 ready
- LiveSight™ real-time sonar compatible
- Smartphone notifications
- C-MAP Genesis Live onscreen mapping
- StructureScan® 3D with Active Imaging enhancements – Coming Fall 2018
- High-performance quad-core processor
- FishReveal Smart Target View
- Full high-definition HDS SolarMAX™ HD multi-touch screen with the widest range of viewing angles – viewable even through polarized sunglasses
- Preloaded high-detail C-MAP® US Enhanced charts with 1-foot contours on 4,000-plus lakes
- C-MAP Easy Routing, Navionics Autorouting capability
- Dual-Channel CHIRP – dual sonar-range coverage from the same transducer
- Live Network Sonar – cover more water and mark fish targets more clearly from a network of CHIRP sonar transducers
- Wireless and Bluetooth® connectivity
- Heat Map feature allows anglers to see trends in water temperature changes to quickly target key fishing areas
- Enhanced Surface Clarity lets you see more fish targets near the surface
- Quick Access Control Bar provides one–touch access to system controls
- Built-in CHIRP and Broadband Sounder™
- SmartSteer™ control for Xi5 Trolling Motor and Outboard Pilot
- Radar and SonicHub®2 audio server connectivity
- NMEA 2000® engine support
- Optional mapping upgrades include C-MAP, Navionics® and more
Lowrance HDS LIVE Advantages:
- Best Screens: You will have an easier time viewing fish, structure and bottom detail on bright and clear SolarMAX™ HD screens that offers clean and crisp views from any angle, in direct sunlight – even through polarized sunglasses.
- Easy and Efficient Interface: On-the-water adjustments will be quicker and easier with the refreshed HDS interface designed with a simpler feature layout to deliver next-level ease of use and efficiency.
- Active Imaging: See structure and cover with a new level of refined detail at a range unmatched by anyone else with new, Lowrance Active Imaging. Active Imaging is available with 3-in-1 transducer (CHIRP, SideScan and DownScan Imaging) and Active Imaging 2-in-1 transducer (SideScan and DownScan Imaging) options.
- View all Structure Imaging – Side-by-Side: For the first time, you can get a side-by-side view of all your structure imaging technology with the enhanced capabilities of HDS LIVE, which supports simultaneous viewing of StructureScan 3D, SideScan and DownScan Imaging™ panels.
- Most Advanced Fishfinder Technology: Simultaneously view CHIRP Sonar with Active Imaging to get the best possible view of fish and structure, below and to the sides of your boat.
- LiveSight: Get live views of fish movements across the bottom, in and around cover and structure with new, revolutionary LiveSight™ sonar. Capable of showing views beneath, or in front of your boat, LiveSight™ is at its best when trolling or fishing from a single spot. HDS LIVE comes LiveSight™ ready, so all you need to do is mount the LiveSight™ transducer and get after the fish.
- C-MAP Genesis LIVE: Create your own high-definition 1/2-foot contour maps – in real time – on your HDS LIVE screen with C-MAP Genesis Live.
- Smartphone Notifications: Keep your eyes on the fish and never miss an important text or call with smartphone notifications built into HDS LIVE. Turn off phone notifications for uninterrupted fishing, or leave them on to receive popup notifications on the screen of your HDS LIVE display.
- LiveCast smartphone integration: You no longer have to choose between watching the big game and spending a day on the water with LiveCast™ smartphone integration. Watch video, view Google maps and fishing data on the high-resolution screen of your HDS LIVE display via the HDMI connection on HDS LIVE 12. View data from your smartphone and keep your eye on the fish with a LiveCast-sonar split screen.
- FishReveal™ Smart Target View: Makes fish easier to see on DownScan Imaging™ by combining crystal-clear CHIRP sonar fish targets with superior, high-resolution views of bottom detail, structure and bait fish.
- High Performance Processor: Whether panning the chart, tracking back through your sonar history or creating a Genesis LIVE map, you will get responsive, smooth operation with no lag from the quad-core processor at the heart of HDS LIVE. The high- performance processor can easily drive today’s technology, like Active Imaging, LiveSight sonar, Genesis Live, StructureMap, Live Network sonar with power to spare for future innovations.
- New, Modern, Low-Profile Design: Enhance the look of your console with the new, zero-edge glass design of HDS LIVE, featuring the exceptional crispness, vibrant images and extreme viewing angles of SolarMAX™ HD technology. Create clean, sleek look at the console with an HDS LIVE flush mount.
- Larger, Programmable Keys: It’s easier than ever to quickly access functions with the larger keys on HDS LIVE — no matter the conditions; plus with four programmable keys, you can set up one-touch access to the features you use the most
- 6-way Split Screen View : See more information — all at the same time — with the new, six-screen split offered on HDS12 LIVE fishfinder/chartplotters.
- Live Network Sonar: Cover more water and mark fish targets more clearly from a network of CHIRP sonar transducers. Get sonar views from bow-mounted transducer and the in-hull or transom-mounted transducer at the same time on the same display.
- Dual-Channel CHIRP: Deep water and trolling anglers will never miss a fish, watching two Lowrance CHIRP frequencies at the same time via a dual-channel CHIRP split screen. Run a High CHIRP panel for the best target separation close to the bottom or in tight schools, a Medium CHIRP panel to cover the widest area – ideal for watching bait schools under a transducer in shallow water, or go deeper with a Low CHIRP panel to cover more of the water column.
- C-MAP® Easy Routing and Navionics® Dock-to-Dock Autorouting: You will navigate faster and easier with automatic route planning. Menu activated, the feature automatically plots the shortest and safest course based on a boat’s draft, beam and height, creating a route around a landmass, shoals and other fixed navigational hazards. Requires C-MAP MAX-N+ charts, Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum charts.
- C-MAP Navigation Palette: Enhances the readability of C-MAP charts, especially near shore, where the colors used for land, docks, anchorage areas, water, and channels are nicely differentiated and water contour lines are distinct. That makes it easy to tell where the boat is in relation to a channel, navaid, ledges and drop-offs, or a point of land. The color scheme is much easier on the eye.
- Wireless Connectivity: Integrated wireless connectivity with the Lowrance® LINK App and other onboard devices, allows you to download software updates and custom C-MAP® Genesis maps directly to the display and offers wireless smartphone viewing/tablet control of HDS Carbon displays.
- Network All Components: Plug-and-play compatibility with Lowrance performance modules, including Broadband Radar™, SonicHub®2 Marine Audio, SiriusXM® Marine Weather and audio, Class B AIS and DSC VHF, as well as industry-leading technologies, like Mercury® VesselView® Link, Bluetooth® control of Power-Pole® shallow water anchors equipped with the C-Monster™ Control System and the SmartSteer™ interface, featuring control of MotorGuide® Xi5 trolling motor and the Lowrance® Outboard Pilot.
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Brightness: > 1200 nits
Type: 12″ IPS
Touch Screen: Multi-Touch
Viewing Angle: 80° top/bottom, 80° left/right
Supply Voltage: 12 V DC (10 – 17 V DC min – max)
Power Consumption: MAX 49.68 W (3.6A at 13.8 V DC)
Recommended Fuse: 5 A
Operating Temp Range: -15°C to +55°C (5°F to 131°F)
Storage Temp Range: -20°C to +60°C (4°F to 140°F)
Waterproof Rating: IPX6 and IPX7
NMEA 2000 1 port (Micro-C)
NMEA 0183 1 port (In Power Cable)
Ethernet 2 ports
HDMI Video In 1 port
Analog Video In 1 port (optional cable)
USB 1 port (USB-A 5V DC, 1.5A)
Card Slots 2 slots microSD
Wireless Built-in 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0 with support for Bluetooth Classic
AVAILABLE OPTION 1:
Active Imaging 3-IN-1 Transducer: Active Imaging 3-IN-1 combines the new Active Imaging scanning sonar with a traditional Medium/High CHIRP sonar element for easy single transducer installation.7.6 m (25 ft) cable with 9 pin connector. Part Number (000-14489-001)
Active Imaging Transducers
- Active Imaging is a new scanning sonar technology that provides incredibly detailed, high resolution imaging sonar without sacrificing any range
- Active Imaging transducers accomplish this by better directing the SideScan beams which increases resolution and improves range performance
Active Imaging is available in two models
- Active Imaging 3-IN-1 combines the new Active Imaging scanning sonar with a traditional Medium/High CHIRP sonar element for easy single transducer installation
- Active Imaging operates at 800kHz or 455kHz with maximum ranges of 150ft (800kHz) or 300ft (455kHz)
Active imaging Technology
- Active Imaging utilizes the latest techniques in sonar signal generation
- Active Imaging transducers are constructed of a polymer that reacts to sound waves more closely to water. This ensures that no sonar signal is lost during transmit or receive
- Active Imaging transducers include separate sonar elements for SideScan transmit and receive Separating transmit and receive allows Active Imaging to have an incredibly fast ping speed (Ping speed directly correlates to image resolution). Additionally, these separate elements focus more of the sonar signal outwardly, increasing the sonar signal to the sides and leading to better range performance
- Active Imaging sonar offers no compromise high resolution detail to users
- 800kHz operation covers many use cases and ranges.
- With 800kHz range and resolution capabilities users do not need to choose between seeing in
High detail or seeing far.
- High resolution IPS screens of NSS evo3 and HDS Live show the full image, allowing the user to see the entire underwater environment
- Active Imaging 3-IN-1 transducers combine industry leading CHIRP sonar with new Active Imaging Side and Down views giving users total coverage with award winning sonar
- Active Imaging transducers do not require any modules or extra hardware for use with next-generation displays
AVAILABLE OPTION 2:
Lowrance/Simrad StructureScan 3D Transducer and Module [Lowrance/Simrad Part Number: 000-12395-001] – RRP $1399
Lowrance StructureScan® 3D allows anglers to see fish, structure and bottom contour in a stunning three-dimensional view. StructureScan® 3D imaging scans underwater terrain and fish-holding structure to create a high-resolution, 180-degree, three-dimensional view beneath your boat. With this unique imaging view, anglers gain a better understanding of where fish and structure are located in relation to their boat. The picture-like, three-dimensional views are displayed on the Lowrance HDS Gen3 series of fishfinder/chartplotters, when used in combination with the SideScan 3D Skimmer® transducer and StructureScan® 3D module.
* StructureScan® 3D
StructureScan 3D is powered by a multi-beam sonar technology that produces revealing images with stunning detail by converting scans of underwater terrain and fish-holding structure into high-resolution, 180-degree, three-dimensional views.
* Easy-to-Understand Sonar Images
View 3D images from any angle with ScanTrack™ pan-tilt-rotate control using on-screen touch commands and easy-to-use, preset viewing positions.
* Find Key Fishing Areas Faster
StructureScan® 3D allows anglers to more easily understand where fish and fish-holding structure are located in relation to their boat. By slowly idling over a potential fishing area with the wide, 180-degree scanning range, anglers can quickly search for key areas and cover ─ such as abrupt depth changes, points, ditches, rockpiles, brushpiles, weedbeds standing timber, wrecks and more.
* Unrivaled SideScan Image Clarity
To ensure the clearest possible SideScan views, the StructureScan 3D transducer design has been enhanced with an increased number of sensors for greater imaging performance.
* High Definition (HD) and Super-Wide 3D Scanning
The contours below the water’s surface can be shown to the sides of the boat ─ up to 600 feet port and starboard ─ with incredibly detailed, high-definition views. StructureScan® 3D provides multiple views, including two-dimensional DownScan Imaging™ and StructureScan® HD, and the new, realistic three-dimensional views. Using preset virtual point-of-view angles or ScanTrack™ pan-tilt-rotate control mode, you can adjust the view and perspective beneath your boat. Combine custom HD and 3D views to increase your understanding of how fish relate to cover and to search fishing areas more effectively.
* Leading Edge™ Scanning Reference
The Leading Edge™ scanning reference provides a clear graphical illustration of sonar beams as they intersect with bottom contours. The depth and range of the most recently scanned area are shown as red fan-shaped markers directly under the boat. Leading Edge also includes a depth scale that shows greater depth detail as you zoom in, giving you a better sense of target depth.
* SelectScan™ Target Identification
SelectScan™ automatically shades fish-holding cover and suspended targets in a color that contrasts the selected color palette, making target identification quicker and easier than ever before.
* Vertical Enhancement Control
Vertical Enhancement is a user-selectable scale that will apply on-screen emphasis to vertical drops and crucial depth contour changes, making them easier to identify relative to the surrounding underwater terrain. Vertical Enhancement makes even the slightest depth changes more visible.
* Waypoint Overlay
Revisiting fishing areas, structure and other underwater features is easy with the Waypoint Overlay feature. Use the waypoint keypad to save a waypoint at the boat location, or switch to cursor mode, and save a waypoint over specific targets, baitfish or cover.
* Automatic 3D Image Settings
Fine-tuned 3D image settings are set by your HDS Gen 3 default configuration and StructureScan 3D Module. Adjustments can be made to Surface Clarity and Contrast settings using the on-screen slider-bar. Surface Clarity reduces on-screen surface clutter, by decreasing the sensitivity of the receiver near the surface. Contrast lightens/darkens the color palette to make fish and structure easier to see.
* Ethernet Connectivity
Ethernet ports allow connectivity for up to three networked devices.
* Enhanced SideScan Skimmer® Transducer Design
* Transmit Power Max RMS: 500W
* Cable Length 20 ft/ 6m
* Trandsucer Frequencies Enhanced 455 kHz
* 600 feet
* EchoSounder Frequencies Enhanced 455 kHz
* EchoSounder Output Power Max RMS: 500W
* SideScan Imaging:
– Max Range: 600 ft./183 m
– Track bottom: 35 mph/56 kph
– Mark objects: 15 mph/24 kph
– Optimum imaging: 2-8 mph/3-13 kph
* DownScan Imaging™
– Max Depth: 300 ft / 92 m
– Track bottom: 35 mph/56 kph
– Mark objects: 2-8 mph/3-13 kph
– Optimum imaging: 2-8 mph/3-13 kph
* Product Weight 1.8 lbs \ 0.816 kg
* Product Length 8.26” \ 210 mm
* Power Consumption Max: .75A, Typical: .60A, Inrush: 4.7A pk
* Power Supply (Supply Voltage) 12 vDC
* Input Voltage 10V – 17 VDC
* Cable 20 ft/ 6m
* Part #: 000-12395-001
* AUD RRP: $1,399.00
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
* Lowrance/Simrad StructureScan 3D Transom Mount Transducer (Part Number Individually: 000-12396-001)
* Lowrance/Simrad StructureScan 3D Module (Part Number Individually: 000-12397-001)
* Power Cable (Part Number Individually: 000-00128-001)
* 15ft Ethernet Cable (Part Number Individually: 000-00127-29)
AVAILABLE OPTION 3:
Navionics Gold Plus Australia Wide and New Zealand Boat Navigation Chart MSD/PLN50XG (also known as XL9) – suits Lowrance, Simrad, Raymarine & other popular units – RRP $368.55 *NEW*
Navionics Gold Plus is the most popular chart with boaters and fishermen all over the world, offering the largest coverage areas along with the absolute best detail. A Gold chart can seamlessly cover an entire continent and yet be able to zoom down to a resolution of 1 meter (3ft), with an abundance of data derived from the best available sources. Features include a clear, easy to use, familiar paper-like display of all detail available from the best marine nautical charts, plus:
* Tides & currents
* Port plans
* Navigation aids
* Marsh areas
* Spot soundings and depth contours
* Detailed Marine Park Zones (i.e. Green, Yellow Zones) of Moreton Bay Marine Park & Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (GBRMP)
* Further the Plus card also features a contour line mode for compatible units
* Auto Routing Feature included
Australia wide including Norfolk Islands. As well as New Zealand & Pacific.
Suits current model plotters that accept Micro SD or SD charts. Including:
* Lowrance Elite Range
* Lowrance HDS Range
* Raymarine Units
* Humminbird Units
* Simrad NSS evo2 Units
If you are unsure whether this chart will suit your unit, just let us know the model of your unit and we can assist you in getting the right chart to suit your needs.
*These are genuine Navionics Charts that are brand new, unused and come with full Australian Warranty.
We are an authorised Australian Navionics retailer, as such Full Australian Manufacturers Warranty is applicable. Please note if a Navionics chart is purchased overseas or from a non-authorised Navionics retailer it may not work in your unit, as we have found counterfeit cards can corrupt your hardware.
*Specifications and features from suppliers’ information. If you have any questions or require any advice just let us know we are happy to help.
We are an authorised Australian Lowrance retailer, as such Full Australian Manufacturers Warranty is applicable. Please note if a Lowrance unit is purchased overseas or from a non-authorised Lowrance retailer you may not receive warranty coverage in Australia.
*Specifications from suppliers’ information. Actual depth capabilities depend on transducer installation, bottom type & water conditions. All sonars typically read deeper in freshwater than in saltwater.