GME MT600G Manually Activated 406mHz Digital EPIRB with GPS
GME’s digital Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) have lead to hundreds of successful rescues in Australia and around the world. With over 35 years experience engineering and manufacturing EPIRBs in Australia, GME is at the forefront in development of life saving safety equipment. The MT600G builds on this heritage, delivering next generation performance to commercial and recreational mariners alike.
MT600G features a 66 channel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna. Thanks to this technology, locating the beacon is faster and more accurate. In an emergency, being found quickly could save your life.
Compact and lightweight, the GPS equipped MT600G is easy to install in any vessel, utilising the specially designed quick release mounting bracket. The MT600G features zero warm-up digital technology and an automatically deployed antenna.
Testing the MT600G is fast and easy. Simply remove the beacon from its bracket, press the test button and the full functionality of the beacon is tested and confirmed. The MT600G even offers a GPS Satellite Acquisition Test with GPS position fix.
The MT600G boasts a ten year battery life and delivers great value for peace of mind boating. Certified by COSPAS SARSAT for worldwide usage, it’s no wonder that GME’s MT600G is the emergency beacon of choice for serious boat owners worldwide.
* Compact, lightweight, easy-to-mount design
* COSPAS-SARSAT CLASS 2 (C/S T.001) Internationally approved, worldwide operation
* Integrated 66 channel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna for better than 100m accuracy
* Meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of: AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards C/S T.001/007
* 121.5MHz VHF homing beacon to assist in guiding rescuers to your precise location
* Includes quick release mounting bracket
* Zero warm-up digital technology
* Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the bracket
* Ultra high performance solid state strobe
* 10 year battery life
* Quick and easy test facility with audio / visual indication
Modes Of Operation
* Activated UHF (406) and VHF (homer) complete with high intensity strobe and audible activation alert
* Self Test Comprehensive internal diagnostics with visual and audible operator feedback. UHF test message (inverted synchronisation compatible with portable beacon testers)
* GPS Self Test GPS acquisition test with visual and audible operator feedback UHF test message containing GPS co-ordinates
* Activation: Manually by operator
* Bracket type: Manual release
* Duration: 48 hours minimum
* Transmission delay GPS acquisition test with visual commence ~ 50 seconds after activation
* UHF: 406.040 MHz 5W +/- 2 dB PSK (digital)
* Solid State LED Strobe: 20 flashes/minute at greater than 0.75 cd effective intensity
* COSPAS-SARSAT: Certified to C/S T.001 (Class 2) Requirements
* UHF-protocol/data: Serial number
* VHF: 121.5 MHz 25mw. Min PERP@25°C
* Battery Chemistry: LiSO2 (2.4g Lithium per cell)
* Battery Configuration: 2 ‘D’ type cells
* Operating Temperature -20°C to +55°C
* Storage Temperature -30°C to +70°C
* Weight 550g (plus 98g for bracket)
* Materials UV Stabilized plastic chassis
* Performance AS/NZS 4280.1
* GPS Internal 66 channel high performance receiver with quadrifilar helix antenna
* Retention Lanyard: Buoyant type approx. 5.5m long
* Reflector: SOLAS retro-reflective tape encircling unit above waterline
* Solid-state strobe: High reliability solid state design exceeds IMO requirements
* Antenna: Flexible self straightening stainless steel design
* Bracket: Quick release mechanism (manual) Retained by four (4) fixing points
* GME MT600G Manually Activated EPIRB with GPS 406mHz
* Quick Release Mounting Bracket and screws
* Instruction Manual
* 406 MHz Beacon Owner Registration Information Sheet
* Emergency Activation Instructional Placard
Please note this EPIRB is only suitable for Australia & New Zealand.